Animate masking help

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what is going on but I tried masking my animation to block certain parts from showing and it's not working. This is my first time trying to mask and this program is giving me hell. Any help would be great. I want to mask two things. My animation is a bunch of bars moving up and off the screen of a phone, the problem is I can't move the bars off the screen without the animation showing the bars leaving off the stage so I was going to mask it but this masking stuff is giving me trouble. I tired looking up how to mask but it is turning out way too complicated. I tried using a shape to mask the area. I thought I did it right but everytime I try to preview or export the animation it is not turning out at all. It's extrememly frustrating. why doesn't adobe just make a simple mask button you click to mask and BAM you're done. I swear they love to make stuff more complicated than it should be. Anyway, if someone could please help me I would appreciate it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a mask reveals what it covers, and that may be causing confusion.

ie, you should mask your iphone screen area. and it's common to have more than one layer with contents that need to be masked.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, maybe that was the issue. I was trying to mask the wrong part. I decided to take the masks out and just stretch the phone out so there was no white space to show the objects as they moved off-screen. It seems to have done the trick.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines