Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate opens but doesn't respond further

New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

My Animate version 22.0.05 opens up but gets stuck during the loading process in the little white box with the bouncing ball in the corner. When I try clicking on anything like File or event expand or minimise or close, it doesn't let me and just does the error "ding" sound. However I do now see an error window anywhere.

I trying restarting. I tried uninstalling. What else can I try?

This started after my PC did an update last night.

Please advice

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

reset your preferences* (you should not give up on this until you've tried several times)

* press and hold Control+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset your preferences* (you should not give up on this until you've tried several times)

* press and hold Control+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kglad, Glad you're in this thread. I'm also seeing that bouncing, (half), red ball that seems to be preventing Animate from fully opening. I tried Control+Alt+Shift while I start Animate, but that has yet to give me access to the preference menu. I've tried 5 times, with the same results. Is it liable to change if I keep trying?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I worked around it by launching 24.01 instead of 23.0.4, though that's what I used to build the file I'm planning to update. Hopefully there are no compatibility issues. Does anyone know what causes and how to surmount that bouncing ball that seems to be a signal that something's wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

take a screenshot of the red ball, copy it and paste it into a message here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how much this helps, but a small white square containing a cropped animation of a red bouncing ball appears in the lower left corner, while the whole interface remains blank and unresponsive to any click, (responding only with the bonk that indicates a modal menu).

AnimateBlockingBouncingBall.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

confirm your computer meets specs, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

if it does:
uninstall animate, including preferences, per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

try to update your cc desktop app
restart your computer

reinstall animate using the cc desktop app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines