• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate runs slow on Mac retina screens but not on a HD secondary monitor

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen a lot of compaints about Adobe Animatie CC running slow on a Mac and I have the same problem. I found out that if I use Animate on my 2016 MacBook Pro Retina screen the playback is slow (almost not usable) but if I hook the same MacBook to a 2560 x 1440 pixels monitor and use Animate on that monitor (native resolution) it runs smoothly. Again, on the same MacBook... 😐 

Also a strange thing is when I slide through the timeline on the retina screen with the frame slider, it does run smooth and handles an even higher framerate, but if I just play the animation (square video 1080x1080 30fps) the preview is horrible and runs at maybe 15 or 20 fps.

My conclusion: Animate CC is not optimized for Retina screens (where the resolution is technically not native) and since these complaints have been around for years it seems like Adobe just doesn't care. Not a happy customer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new version of Adobe Animate 21.0.1has been released, make sure you upgrade that should fix your problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new 21.0.1 version has not fixed the slow and laggy Animate. 

I have 2020 27 imac with 24Gb of RAM and when i drag the simple symbol or panning the scene it moves with very low fps. 

Why is that happening? And how to solve that?

Solutions like "to run the app in low resolution" or "make display scaled with lower resolution" is not an options.  

In that case all benefits of the retina display is fading away. Illsutrator works fine btw, even more complex symbold and groups  are dragging smoothier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works normal if  i resize scene window and make it small like 640x480, then the objects are dragging smooth. 

But once again- is that comfortable solution for professional work to work on the app that has scene window 1/6 of the display? Is there are GPU preview otion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use this app for desactivate Retina resolution:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/easyres/id688211836?mt=12

____
2D vector animator since 2000 & PhD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines