• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate won't export to Media Encoder

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Mac desktop and have been exporting media regularly with no problem. Now, Animate times out and Media Encoder doesn't create an .mp4 file. I've seen a number of posts relating to this but none with a solution for me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Yeah this always seems to be an issue lately. But at the end of the day at least it's not an adobe big bug it's just Mac security. Basically you have to tell Mac that you want your adobe software to be able to communicate, but it's all for good reason. But know they know and know is have the battle. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a solution for you 🙂

https://community.adobe.com/t5/animate/export-issue-stops-mid-export/td-p/10424361?page=1

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for responding. I saw that and don't know where to find that Sequence Setting window. Why do I have to do all that now when it was working just fine on the project that I was working on yesterday?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

To export a PNG sequence go to Export > Export Movie... and there choose PNG sequence

Clipboard-1.png

As to why you have to suffer, I have no idea.

Something must have changed on your computer and for that the potentially responsible parties might be you, Adobe or Apple.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, here are some points of clarification for other people who are trying to follow those other directions:

This solution bypasses using Media Encoder from Animate altogether. You are going to export the images from Animate to a sequence of files that you are than going to import into Premiere Pro video software! If you were using audio clips in Animate, you will need to import them into Premiere Pro and assemble everything there. Then you will export everything to your video file.

The Sequence Setting window and directions are in the Premiere Pro application. When you import your Image Sequence, you have to select Options in the Import window in order to select "Image Sequence". All the other directions and windows are as follows in Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export as a movie File. Then open media encoder, import movie file into media encoder and then export to mp4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for responding, but I tried that. Animate would export it as a .swf file, but Media Encoder doesn't read that file format. How do I import it into Media Encoder?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using a Mac with the newer secutity settings and you have had an update to Media Encoder or you are on a new system, then open Media Encoder alone and let it show you the message prompts to get the security settings in place. then publish to the queue and watch for any additional messages. Once you have done this once, you shoudln't have any issues (until you update again on a Mac).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! This actually worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah this always seems to be an issue lately. But at the end of the day at least it's not an adobe big bug it's just Mac security. Basically you have to tell Mac that you want your adobe software to be able to communicate, but it's all for good reason. But know they know and know is have the battle. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2023 Oct 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Only way which worked for me! Thank you Tammy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've encountered this issue. Saving the FLA to the desktop when exporting to the desktop seems to have did the trick. But for good measure I also added Animate & Media Encoder to the security settings / Accessibility on the Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines