Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animate keeps crashing when I try to save 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

you shouldn't use auto-save.

you should manually save your work using an increasing version appended to the file name so if a fla gets corrupted, you can use an uncorrupted previous save.  

if your current fla is project1.fla, i suggest saving as project1_v000.fla.  after 10 or 15 minutes of work save as project1_v001.fla etc.

i made a jsfl file that appends and then increments the version and assigned it to a hot key so instead of ctrl-s to save, i use ctrl-shift-s, but with large project

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I have set the auto save to a longer time, my file size is getting larger Its slowing things down every time it auto saves I have a lot of Clasic tweens seams to make the file size a lot larger for some reason is this normal? I have converted all the drawings in to Graphics before I tweened them but the file size has doubled since I have started adding  the Clasic tweens is this Normal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you shouldn't use auto-save.

you should manually save your work using an increasing version appended to the file name so if a fla gets corrupted, you can use an uncorrupted previous save.  

if your current fla is project1.fla, i suggest saving as project1_v000.fla.  after 10 or 15 minutes of work save as project1_v001.fla etc.

i made a jsfl file that appends and then increments the version and assigned it to a hot key so instead of ctrl-s to save, i use ctrl-shift-s, but with large projects saving can take a few seconds during which time you can't do anything with animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines