Hi fellow artists
Please help, I cant export my animation from adobe animate. I have tried to export it from both actionscript 3 and html5 canvas but no luck. I click on 'file', 'export video/media' and try to render as a 'mpeg4' and tick the box saying queue it for media encoding but after I click 'export' again, a loading bar comes up saying 'export media: creating mov.' That box loads loads and then vanishes and nothing happens, adobe media encoder doesnt come up (i even tried without queueing for the media encoder and still nothing). Please help i am trying to export an animated logo for a client. Let me know if you need any more info to help me. I have attached pics of the process which has worked before, I am really confused.
People are having this problem lately. https://community.adobe.com/t5/animate/animate-no-longer-exports/m-p/12228210
It might be an issue with the latest Media Encoder update (15.4) try rolling back to the previous version (15.2).
Thanks for the advice, but I dont know how to revert to the previous one, will that be on the cloud?
Best regards, Eddy
Hi again Mario, ive tried opening an old media encoder and still not working, any chance of another work around, i would hate to have to make my animation again, it was intesive, regards, Eddy
Ok first make sure you're working (and exporting) in your main drive, Animate doesn't like external drives apparently. Make sure you're working in Actionscript 3 and that you can generate a SWF file by pressing Ctrl+Enter (Cmd+Enter on Mac), if it plays then the video exporter should too. Try exporting an MP4 with this preset, this is the one I use: H.264 > Match Source High.
If it works great, you're done. If it doesn't try this preset instead: Quicktime >Default (Animate) this one will render an uncompressed mov video from Animate without using Media Encoder. You can then take that mov video and drag and drop it into Media Encoder to convert it to MP4.
Thanks Mario, that has bailed me out for now and I managed to get the logo to the client thankyou, I reverted to previous media encoder, switched the save location to my desktop, it was originally saving it to a folder that may have been on an external drive or just a different area of my mac, used your export advice and it worked. I really hope Adobe sort the latest Adobe updates though, we pay enough for it, cheers again