• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Annoying alert sound when pressing spàcebar or..

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes when Im drawing with brush and press spacebar or other keys on the keyboard an alert sound is made.

So frustrating...why? when I got out of the program...alt tab or x, the sound stops , but how can I turn it off¿?

is this a bug? how how can I turn this sound alerts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've never heard a sound alert in any flash/animate version though i've encountered many warning/error dialogs.

if animate were doing that, if would resolve by resetting your preferences,  https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/using/set-preferences.html

the easiest solution would be to ignore it or mute your speakers while working in animate with the brush tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not solve the problem whatsoever.
I am still trying to find the solution for this. 
This is unbelieavable! What a frustrating experience! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure this out? I agree, it's the most annoying thing ever and the Adobe support team had no answers for me. I miss Macromedia Flash 8. I would be animating in Harmony if the client didn't have assets in Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's almost 3 years later and i've still never encountered that, and i can't recall others reporting it.  (but then i don't remember this thread, either.)

it's probably your os generating the sound.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thanks. 1 month to get through this project with annoying alert sounds. I think I can do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you turn off your speaker, or at least, decrease the volume?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could but it affects other programs I'm running. The alert happens when I'm cycling through hotkeys. For example, if I hit the 'I' hotkey for ink dropper, it tries to access the 'Insert' tab at the top even though that's not set to a hot key. Same thing with spacebar, arrow, etc. Pretty much all of my tool hotkeys. I thought it might be a display issue since I'm running two monitors and a Cintiq? My IT guy is on vacation but he should be able to figure it out. I'm just surprised that Adobe help couldn't resolve the problem after taking over my computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can redefine the animate keyboard shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way the 'I' key can open the Insert tab or make an alert sound is if you're also pressing the ALT key. Is this the case? Do you have your tablet hotkeys set with ALT modifiers as well? Please check and remove them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I muted the alert sound in my OS but the menu in Animate still does some funky things when using hotkeys. At least the alert noise is gone now. There are no ALT modifiers on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 26, 2023 Aug 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is because you are pressing Alt to copy keyframes on the timeline, when you do that you are activitating the top menu bar, so when you press another letter it fires off an error sound. adobe animate is 100% garbage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Honestly thank you so much for actually replying. I've used Flash/Animate since 2000 but feel like the support and care has decreased since Macromedia Flash 8. How do I turn off that garb top menu? I want to use alt but the reset to top menu is the worst.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines