• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Applicationn using Socket & ServerSocket Classes whereby clients automatically discover LAN Server

Participant ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got an application that I'd like to have triggered / controlled over a LAN (always a private LAN and same network) that regardless of the DHCP details, clients discover the server and are able to communicate automatically without having to input relative IP's. 

To add a wrinkle, there will be multiple client Socket objects on the network that need to discover the ServerSocket automatically. 

I'm unsure if the classes I've chosen are appropriate for what I'm trying to do.  The Server will be passing keyCodes to the various clients simultaneously.  I thought it would make sense to have each remote node be a client instead of a server in this case?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can lend!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finer Point Detail since I can't edit the original post:  Assume that the clients and server apps are running on the same gateway, same IP scheme, subnet, etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines