• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio does not play in movieclip on first click. It plays on second click.

Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everybody,

I was editing an animate file I made in 2018.  When I exported it, I found that audio does not play when I click a button, although the animation does play.  When I click it the second time, the audio plays.

I have 6 movieclips on the stage and it is the same with each of them.  When I export the movie and click on any of them, the animation will play but not the sound.  When I click on any of them after that, or I click on the first one a second time, the sound plays.

When I just play the 2018 html file I can click on any of the movie clips and the sound plays with the animation.  

The code in each movieclip is

this.ed4.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_31.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_31()
{
this.gotoAndPlay(1);
exportRoot.stopped_.gotoAndStop(0);
exportRoot.missed_.gotoAndStop(0);
exportRoot.walked_.gotoAndStop(0);
exportRoot.wished_.gotoAndStop(0);
exportRoot.punched_.gotoAndStop(0);
}

I have the audio on the 3rd frame of the movie clip.

Does anyone have any idea what might be happening here?

Thank you in advance!

Kevin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

users must interact with your site before sound can plan. (learn how to use your browser's developer console for debugging.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems like they have to interact twice, though.  And this is a problem that occurs only when I export files, even if I don't edit them at all.  When I run the old file - an exact copy that was exported 2 years ago, the audio plays with the animation on a single click.  So I thought it must be something to do with updates in Animate in the past two years.  

Ok, I'll look into Chrome's developer console for debugging, assuming it is a bug and not what would actually be expected given the most recent version of Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines