Bitmap Bug

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i am currently experiencing a problem with something i drew, and its about the bitmap, you see. Everytime i convert my drawing into a symbol or even move it from its original place, it just paints itself black 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this a drawing you created in Animate or is it a bitmap? those are two totally different things?

If it is a bitmap I recommend opening it in Photoshop and exporting it as a PNG 24 that should help keep the alpha transparency even when you convert it into a symbol.

hope this helps.

mark

headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting
Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The video shows this happening to a vector drawing. Perhaps this was a bitmap you imported and then used the Trace Bitmap feature to convert it to vector...?

This unwanted fill of black (or any color) happens when you have very complicated vectors and the drawing engine gets confused. Try this; while it's selected tap the Smooth button once (Properties Panel) or twice to see if that helps. And/or rotate the object slightly.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines