• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush lines not registering when drawn close together with Wacom Cintiq 16 and Animate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to draw to lines starting from the same point quickly (like a 'v' shape, chicken feet, or even a capital 'E'), Animate doesn't pick up the second line. I can do the same drawing style on Photoshop, Illustrator, Toon Boom, Gimp, and every other image related software I have. I was on a chat with Adobe support for about 3 hours restarting my computer a half dozen times and repeatedly updating my drivers and trying out older versions of Animate. I've tried turning off pressure sensitivity and reducing the view resolution to 'outline' and the problem persists. My setup is a Wacom Cintiq 16 with a 16 inch Macbook Pro running Catalina 10.15.16 and up-to-date Animate 2020.

This is extremely frustrating as I need to demonstrate animation techniques to my students in Animate but cannot sketch properly in it, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much to anyone who has any idea what this issue could be.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Hi - We have already fixed this issue and will be available in the upcoming Animate release. In the mean time, you can workaround this problem by changing mouse double click speed to fastest in the system preferences and restarting the computer will help.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - We have already fixed this issue and will be available in the upcoming Animate release. In the mean time, you can workaround this problem by changing mouse double click speed to fastest in the system preferences and restarting the computer will help.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to hear, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you know when that release is coming out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines