• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug: All Layers Placed Way Outside the Stage

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I was working on my latest project, I used the clip content outside the stage feature like I always do to get an idea of how the final product should look in its intended ratio, when one specific layer for my backgrounds wasn't clipping correct-only about a third of it was. So I closed and re-opened the file, and when I did, the entire movie was wayyy off screen! How am I supposed to fix this? Please help. 

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: When I get rid of the camera it returns to the correct framing, but all of my panning is gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best you can do is take precautions for this to not happen to you in the future.

1. Save versions of your file as you go. When file corruption happens, either start over from a previous 'healthy' version, or in this case, you could have copied the camera layer.

2. Avoid using all the buggy features introduced as part of the so-called Advanced Layers: camera, layer parenting and so on. Nest your content a level deeper and use a container instead of the camera.

3. Do not use motion tweens. Use classic tweens instead.

You will have to redo your camera now. Make sure to save a version of your file as complete file corruption may not be too far away. When these things start breaking they can damage your file.

Good luck!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree with n. tilcheff here. Do not use motion tweens. Use classic tweens instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Beth6C2C  Sorry for the inconvinience caused. Can you please share the fla file here for us to take a look? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines