• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I make Animation in After Effect the same as in Animate CC?

Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I know it's stupid but that's the question I recently was asked by my customer.

They want to make Animated video, the same as what I have made using Animate CC, but demand using After Effect to make. I found it ridiculous but also think it's not impossible.

I know we can import .fla files as Composition in After Effect. But what if I do it entirely with After Effect, can I still make the same Animation?

I found hard to import Illustrator (multi artboards and layers) to After Effect. And drawing tools of After Effect also lack so many. Mask also not available (I think).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you'll probably get more responses in the after effects forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder. I still haven't found a tutorial that works for me. Maybe it's because I know how to do with Animate, I tried to find a way to do the same with After Effect but lost my way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on the animation style but the short answer is; yes you can make the "same" animations BUT the workflow is different. For me, using both - I lean towards Animate because of its great drawing engine and ease of use. I'm much faster in Animate because I can design, draw and animate inside of a single app.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also think Animate work better, but right now I must use After Effect to make animation. Can you tell me your AE workflow? Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines