• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I use auto lipsync in an armature?

Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used autolipsync on my mouth symbol but the frames of the mouth are not changing. My mouth symbol is in a bone armature. 

How do I make the auto lipsync frames change?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Not nesting facial features inside the head symbol should be considered a criminal offence and penalised with a 10 year ban to go anywhere near Flash / Animate!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is your mouth symbol a graphic, not movieclip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mouth is a graphic symbol 

skug98_0-1690326404138.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not nesting facial features inside the head symbol should be considered a criminal offence and penalised with a 10 year ban to go anywhere near Flash / Animate!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've nested facial features into the head symbol to fix the problem.

Now, the issue I run into is that I need to edit the facial features and body movements seperately. 

As seen in the video below, when I am inside the head symbol, I can see the mouth changes but I cannot see the body movement changes. I can only see the body movement changes when I exit the symbol.

Is there a way to see changes of the armature while inside a symbol?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can open two views (inside head and at character level) via Window > Duplicate Window menu and switch between them for convenience.

It seems that you have only nested the mouth. You should put all facial features inside the head.

Here you can see how to work with nested and synced timelines:    https://youtu.be/Mf3tIM4WvGQ

As I said in your other thread: you are wasting your time with the armature. No one uses bones in Flash and for a very good reason - they are unusable. Switch to Layer Parenting or SMR, so that you can keep things on separate layers, use Classic Tweens and take full advantage of your Graphic Symbols.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

I'll look into Layer Parenting and SMR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines