• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't change size of brushes.

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2009 Jun 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was doing my usual work with flash when I switched to my brush. Wanted about an 25 or so but i couldn't change the stroke size. It doesn't say anything it just won't let me drag it. Its really irritating... Got any advice?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

I FOUND A SOLUTION! - Finally!

Go to "Window" -> "Workspace" --> "Standard" (Alt+F10)

Make sure to follow me on instagram:
http://www.instagram.com/florianreichelt/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Jun 23, 2009 Jun 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the tool-properties area you can change the size of the brush. This area is located at the bottom of the tools pallete.

A note, though.  The brush in Flash doesn't work like the brush in Photoshop or Illustrator.  In Flash, the brush draws in reference to the screen, regardless of the zoom level, rather than following a pixel size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2009 Jun 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about the slider? Because I am unable to move that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2011 May 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you Darrel or anyone else figured this out?  I'm running CS5 but am having the same issue.  I've tried restarting Flash and everything but for some reason the slider and text box in properties for changing the brush size are faded out.  Also I've tried using [ and ] but no luck! I've tried messing with a few things but just can't seem to figure it out.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm using Adobe Animate and the "Fill and Stroke" box is greyed out, making it impossible to change my brush style, width, etc.  Has anyone figured out how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am having the same problem - did you find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are probably looking under Fill and Stroke. If you look at the bottom of brush properties, right above the smoothing, you should see text saying "Brush Options". Click the arrow next to the text to bring down the size slider. Hope this helped. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 12, 2012 Feb 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that this might have been answered in another post and the last post is a bit old, but it's still unanswered so...

First, the Properties windows for brush DON'T allow to change the features of the Brush tool! If you want pixels/Type/Scales/Cap/Join option, you can only the pen tool.

To change the Brush tool options, everything is located at the bottom of the tool window (where you select the Brush tool).

Those options include :

Draw Object, Lock Fill, Brush Mode, Brush Size, Brush Shape, Use Pressure and Use Tilt

Draw Object, Lock Fill, Use Pressure and Use Tilt are "activate" options where you use them or not.

Brush Mode, Brush Size and Brush Shape are drop down button that let you choose different options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2013 Aug 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same trouble, had to resize my tools pallet for these options to be displayed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I FOUND A SOLUTION! - Finally!

Go to "Window" -> "Workspace" --> "Standard" (Alt+F10)

Make sure to follow me on instagram:
http://www.instagram.com/florianreichelt/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if this is due to the differences in the version(s) of Adobe Animate we use, but I ran into the same problem and there was no 'standard' option in my 'Workspace' window.  I figured my solution would be: While the brush tool is selected, go to 'Properties', scroll down to the bottom, you will see the slider for setting the brush size. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines