• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't use the magic wand tool (ADOBE ANIMATE)

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't use the magic wand tool in Adobe Animate. I have tried going to the modify section and clicking on the break apart tool but it still doesn't work. Please help me ASAP.photo1633276644.jpegphoto1633276644 (1).jpeg

TOPICS
ActionScript , Error , How to , Missing feature , Other , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that you're trying to make a selection on a shape (a vector graphic) with the Magic Wand. The Magic Wand Tool selects colors of a raster graphic that has been broken apart. To select a fill within a shape, select the Selection Tool (V) and click on the area you want to select. Here's more information on selection tools in Animate:

Selecting objects in Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

looks like there is nothing to select. that is why you have the circle with a line through it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Animate 20.5.1 and I can confirm that most times the Magic Wand doesn't work on bitmaps, like it used to work. It is a 100% bug, because it just sometimes works and sometimes doesn't on the same bitmap shapes. And it used to work well some long time ago

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am unable to reproduce the issue at my end. Can you please share a screen recording of the issue when it happens?

This will help us investigate on the same.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello arvind_bv! I wasn't sure if the current question is about the same problem, so I posted a new thread about my issue and there is a screenrecording there: https://community.adobe.com/t5/animate-discussions/magic-wand-doesn-t-work-most-times/m-p/12479790

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines