• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you stream mp4 video to a HTML5 MPU to bypass limited file size for internet advertisting?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I've been tasked with creating a suite of internet banner adverts (MPUs, Skyscrapers etc) and the advertising campaign makes heavy use of video from TV adverts. My question is, is there a CDN streaming service that can stream an mp4 files into the containing MPU html5 as a background element? 

I used to do Flash banner adverts years ago and while I never got to use a CDN (Content delivery network) I know there was a way of linking a .flv video hosted on CDN. This would help bypass the limited file size (<50KB) for the container HTML file. 

Can Adobe animate facilitate this kind of feature. Otherwise I will have to revert to a limited style of static image animation. 

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Missing feature , Other , Publish package

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can use a video component and load your videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks, so I guess ultimately it will be down to whether the digital advert service will all external video to be streamed into the containing HTML5. i believe the google platform doesn't allow this which is a shame. I'll have to investigate this with the media planning agency. Are there any restrictions with the video component? eg does this have to have a play nav bar? Hopefully not so it can be kept as a passive background animation without the need for the user to allow video or anything like that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the only animate-side restriction is you must use a web video format (eg, mp4, ogg, ogv, webm).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are there any restrictions with the video component? eg does this have to have a play nav bar? Hopefully not so it can be kept as a passive background animation without the need for the user to allow video or anything like that. 

========

Autoplaying background video can be problematic on some web devices.  It might work acceptably well or it might not.  Be sure to test with various devices and browsers.  Keep in mind that mobile users often have limited data plans.  So if you use background video, make sure the file size is minimal.  Sometimes a looping animated GIF is a better option for adverts.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines