• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot load scene into memory your document may be damaged

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a high school teacher and my students are currently working in Animate CC 2017 to create a frame by frame animation. One of the students opened his file today to this message, "Cannot load scene into memory your document may be damaged". He lost three days of work and has no images in his library. We are working on Windows 7 computers.

Does anyone know the issue here? After talking with him, the only thing I can think of is the new paint brush tool, which he used. The file is showing that it is 389 KB, so I feel like something has to be there but we can't access it!

HELP!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

his fla is corrupted.

this can happen periodically for a variety of reasons but the most common is the improper shutdown of animate while a fla is open.

this should prompt you to teach everyone to save their fla files periodically with different names.  if i have a project named myschool, i start it as myschool_v000 and assign the published files to be myschool.  then save myschool_v001, myschool_v002 etc.

that way you never lose more than the 10 or 15 minutes worth of work you did between saves an

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

his fla is corrupted.

this can happen periodically for a variety of reasons but the most common is the improper shutdown of animate while a fla is open.

this should prompt you to teach everyone to save their fla files periodically with different names.  if i have a project named myschool, i start it as myschool_v000 and assign the published files to be myschool.  then save myschool_v001, myschool_v002 etc.

that way you never lose more than the 10 or 15 minutes worth of work you did between saves and the save directory only has one set of published files.  you can periodically most of the earliest old versions so you don't have more than 5 or 10 versions saved.

anyway, at this point there's only a small chance of recovering some of the lost work.  you could rename the fla to a zip and use winrar to repair it.  then rename the repaired file to a fla and try and open it in animate.  i've never seen that work, but if and when it fails, unzip the repaired zip and see if any assets can be recovered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me before and I lost A LOT of work, learning that was because of improper shut down.  I got an error that I couldn't close out of, and it was completely blank.  I shut down my laptop, lost everything.  I just got that error again and after 30 minutes of doing everything but shutting down my laptop, I got it to say "Unable to create image buffer" with a little OK button that makes the error instantly pop up again, and I was able to do Ctrl + S to save it.  I think I've had times where it shut down and it wasn't lost, I don't want to assume anything but I think there's a chance of it being fine.  I just want to know if it would be fine if it was shut down right after it was saved... I just hit OK again out of boredom and it actually just went away.  If this happens to anyone left click on the app icon in your hotbar and open a recent file, hope that the error reveals itself, and then just be patient and try to click OK every once in a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I continued to work... and I got one or 2 brush strokes in before the error popped up again.  Point of advice I guess is just save your work, close animate, and restart your computer then.  Currently waiting for the error to be nice again, I hope this can help someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2023 Dec 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had backups and each one received the same error. It makes no sense why Adobe cannot correct this issue. I mean they are getting paid each month for thier services. Why would anyone pay for a solution that corrupts hours and hours of work? In search of a better solution at this point and will absolutely abandon Adobe for something that WORKS!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2023 Dec 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

again, 

if i have a project named myschool, i start it as myschool_v000 and assign the published files to be myschool.  then save myschool_v001, myschool_v002 etc.

that way you never lose more than the 10 or 15 minutes worth of work you did between saves and the save directory only has one set of published files.  you can periodically most of the earliest old versions so you don't have more than 5 or 10 versions saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe,....
Your .fla was originally authored on a computer with a different operating system. Try opening it on the computer it was created.
Your .fla might have been made with a different version of Flash. Make sure you are opening it in the same version of Flash.
Your .fla might have been corrupted. If you look in the folder and it says the file size is something like 7kb, then your .fla file is seriously corrupted. Hopefully you have backups if this is the case.

I wish I could help, but I honestly this link:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/animate-discussions/cannot-load-scene-into-memory-your-document-may-b...

https://youtu.be/Bi1YunRmcPQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines