• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canvas files, top and bottom cropped off in Chrome on ipad

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Animate for canvas is looking as intended on desktop, but on an ipad in Chrome, the top and bottom are getting cropped off. I am getting no console errors. My canvas is an interactive timeline with loads of popups etc. Everything works fine except for the ipad cropping issue.

I made a very simple test file, 1350 x 1000, to try and isolate the cause. Publish settings are pretty much at default, with "make responsive" and "center stage" ticked. Nothing tricky going on in the test file, no js, no interactivity, just a canvas with a couple of shapes in the corners, to check the crop.

As far as I can see this test file I made is about as basic as possible, but I still get the crop problem on ipad chrome.

Occasionally, if I keep reloading, or maybe do a few pinches, it seems to alter the amount of cropping. Once or twice it even looked ok. But by and large I seem to lose roughly 50px off both top and bottom.

It looks fine on ipad in FF or Safari, it's just in Chrome I get the problem.

I guess I just want to find out, is this a known issue with ipad and chrome, in which case there is nothing I can do about it,  or is it more likely that something about my files is wrong - maybe the publish settings?

TOPICS
Tablet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there's nothing in the publish settings that would cause cropping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I didn't do anything other than open a file, add a square shape, and publish, then presumably it can't be anything to do with my code or my file.

If, as you say, it can't be anything to do with the publish settings either, then I can only think it must be some kind of glitchiness between the browser (chrome) and the device (ipad). But surely if that was the case, loads of people would report this issue, not just me? I searched the forum and couldn't see any other mentions of it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't have a handy ipad.  i tested on my iphone and there's no cropping in chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, my files are ok on iphone, no cropping there. It just seems to be on ipad (only tablet device I've tested on though).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sounds like an ipad (or browser for ipad) issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines