• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character distorts in Animate CC every time I select all frames

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Animate CC since 2020 and recently I ran into an issue I can't get my head around. I have drawn a character from scratch in Animate CC and put every part on a different layer, converting it into symbols afterwards and then joined every layer using the layer-parenting.
But the character distorts and the ctrl+z button also goes ineffective when I use the up and down button after selecting every frame, I mean from frame 1 to the last frame.

I don't know what to do. the problem seems layer-parenting specific.

I have tried doing the same in other versions of animate cc, but the same problem occurred there as well.

help me find a solution. I am attaching the images!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to say baaed on the screengrabs. Do you have multiple keyframes across your timeline and if so, is your layer parenting consistent throughout each keyframe? Can you provide the FLA?

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. I am attaching multiple FLA!
It's happening with every character I made!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not able to attach the FLA files!
being removed!
where should I send then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either upload to a cloud based service like Google Driv e and supply a link or send to my email - DM me here for it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please provide your email id, if possible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share the sample FLA with abv@adobe.com. We will investigate the same. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1odDbUBDtv5oNGQEi9hExFFKFaSm6gwul/view?usp=sharing 
That's a screen capture of me simply trying to rotate your rigged character - I don't see the same issue your sc reenshots show but I do see a very annoying visual glitch whenever I try to rotate a limb. 
I'm on a 2017 Macbook Pro running 2.3 GHz Dual-Core Intel i5 with 16GB RAM

Your Layer Parenting looks good except your facial featurees (eyes and nose) aren't parented. Personally, I would nest all of these facial assets inside a "head" symbol and have that the only thing parented to the rest of the body and then animate the facial features inside the head symbol.

But overall not sure what is happening on your machine excepot maybe you have a slower system/GPU?

I have yert to check out your other FLAs but I'll try soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UGH! This has to be a major bug with Layer Parenting!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nDXewMnVqXRwnv2wG3UdI3ZuPWDMQVuv/view?usp=sharing 
So sorry this is happening to you. This feature just isn't ready for prime time. One work-around would be to move the parent symbol containing yopur character instead of trying to move each symbol across layers inside the symbol - but I realize this isn't ideal. The tool should never force you to work a specific way.

I highly recommend https://flash-powertools.com/ 
It's a VERY powerful and rock-stable extension for Flash/Animate that provides really cool IK/FK rigging tools for character animation. I made a video that shows just how to use it...
Flash Powertools EDAP System 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks and I hope Adobe looks at this issue!
thanks for your help and guidance and will look at the videos you mentioned!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have i7, 10th generation, 16GB ram with 4GB 1660ti graphic card!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines