• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

classic tween jumps when I test the scene but works perfectly in edit mode

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a classic tween that works perfectly when I play in editing mode, however as soon as I test the scene the tween follows a different path altogether before landing at the correct position at the end of the tween. It starts correctly, then flies right out, then finishes correctly. 

My transition points haven't changed. I have changed the tween to frame by frame animation, but when it's working perfectly while in edit mode I can't think why it's doing this when playing as a test movie, and as a completed final mp4. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

From the moment of contact, just put the harpoon inside the whale symbol. 

It does not make any sense to keep them separate and try to match the movement on the outside.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any way you can provide screenshots and/or video of how it should play and how it plays after export?

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best I can provide is screen shots:

The problem is with the harpoon. In edit mode it works perfectly, staying in the correct position (lodged into the whale). See below:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

However, when I test and/or export the movie, the harpoon jumps from its position. It places correctly at the first and last positions, but in between it jumps way out of line as shown here:

1a.jpg

1b.jpg

2b.jpg

3b.jpg

4b.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there.

Looks like a fun project. Also looks like you are using a guide, but then you have other layers of the Harpoon without any link to the guide. Could this be the issue? Make sure the harpoon is flying on the guide the entire time to keep the arrow on the path.

Hope that helps.

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mark. I'm not using a guide, although I did try that to see if it fixed the problem. It didn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the moment of contact, just put the harpoon inside the whale symbol. 

It does not make any sense to keep them separate and try to match the movement on the outside.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What a brilliant idea!! I'll try that now. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines