• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Classic tweening will not occur on layers with ungrouped shapes, but I can't find offending objects

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Animate Community

Sorry for this probably very simple problem, but it's really got me stumped.

The tweens work perfectly in Animate but I can't export the files or test the files in a browser because of the warning sign says...

"Classic tweening will not occur on layer with ungrouped shapes or on layer with more than one group or symbol."

It's usually a simple fix, I just makesure there are not more than one object, object ungrouped or multiple symbols on the offending layer.

But I've locked all other layer and explored everywhere and can't find any multiple object, ungrouped object or symbols.

All I can think is maybe I have some hidden object locked away?

I'm sure it's something simple I just can't figure it out, I have made some video's but I'm not allowed to post them on here for some reason.

yours sincerely

Mike

Classic_tweening_error.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try turning off the visibility of the other layers to seach that layer. It might also help to show that layer as outlines (click on the color rectangle to the right of the layer name) to help you see what's on it better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you made your objects into movie or graphic symbols? 

You shouldn't animate objects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a very misleading error message. Classic Tweens can't be applied to shapes whether they are grouped or ungrouped. Classic tweens can ONLY be applied to a symbol instance, one per layer, between keyframes. Follow these steps:

1. Draw something
2. Select it and convert it to a Symbol
3. Insert a keyframe further down the timeline on the same layer
4. Transform the Symbol's position, scale, rotaion, and or color effect on one of the keyframes
5. Apply a Classic tween

Result: You'll see the interpolation between keyframes when you play the timeline.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Myra Ferguson @_keyframer @Nicktendo28 

I worked out what was the problem for this. 

There was a single keyframe at the end of a few of the layers that hand a tween applied to them.

I just had to remove these tweens and it exported perfectly without the error sign comming up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear you figured it out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only took 3 years to let you all know, sorry for that. I must have got distracted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol. 2+ years is quite a distraction.  hope it was good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it's still proving to be fun. I went down the rabbit hole in Blender, After Effects and the endlessly evolving Ai kaleidoscope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh, then you're learning stuff and that's always good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, yes. I'm loving all the things that are going on at the moment, it's really exciting 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines