• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors become muted when exported to H.264 (mp4) with AME | Animate 2022

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to mess with the available presets for export, but nothing seems to quite get at the issue. Original Illustration created in Illustrator and then imported to Animate. SWF file looks great, but had to make a H.264 for Instagram... but the colors are super muted (okay maybe not super, but still off-brand for this client) I'm doing more animations for them and would love to figure this out. Here are two side by sides from two different animations. Original correct on the left screen grabs from the output video file on the right. In looking there seems to be some fixes for Premire Pro with similar issues, but they don't seem to apply here.Hanuakka-Color-1.jpgHanukkah-color-2.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can export a png sequence and then render the video in Premiere if those fixes you mention work there.

I've always noticed that h.264 has issues with bright reds and oranges softening the hard edges of solid red and orange shapes. But it is similar with JPG as well... These codecs are not optimised for flat-colored animation, but for live video.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines