Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting Flash to HTML

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anyone

I’m out of my depth and would be very grateful for any advice or recommendations.

I am trying to convert Shockwave Flash animations that interactively rotate using the arrow keys to HTML5. 

They have one frame, one sprite and two buttons.

Action Scripts  are:   On (Key Press “<Right>”) {r = r+1; ‘line”._ rotation = r;

On (Key Press “<Left>”) {r = r-1; ‘line”._ rotation = r;   Frame 1 Do Action r = 0;

Creating a video from/by rotating the sprite (click by click) through 360 degrees is not an answer. The video folder is huge relative to the original SWF object and interactivity is lost by using the slider in its track to position the ‘sprite’ - compared to arrow key control.

Is there a conversion tool that would work?  Adobe Animate CC maybe? or Capitivate? Adobe AIR?

What would work? and what would be best if I have to rebuild the animations?

J

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there's no reliable automated tool.  you have to learn some javascript and convert the code yourself, ask someone to do it for you, ask for help doing it or hire someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying. It is still possible to achieve interactivity using the arrow keys then? Seems easy to convert to video formats and GIFs

Should I start with Adobe Animate? Try Haxe? Just need pointers for the right door.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, js can encode for any key (including arrow keys).  and yes, start with animate because it will automatically (usually) convert everything but the actionscript.  and it will include the actionscript (commented out) making it easier to code the js.

one caveat; the actionscript you cited is old- i believe it's as2, but it's possible it's as1 and i don't know what animate will do with a fla that old.  it's worth trying, but i've not opened an as1 or as2 fla with an cc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Will try Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines