• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy/paste multiple poses in the timeline?

Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Using the standard bone rig on a character.  I can't seem to figure out how to copy/paste multiple poses so that I can repeat some movements.

Example:

Select frames 100 to 200 which includes several poses. 

• Copy/paste frames doesn't work.
  • Holding alt key and dragging does not work (it copies the frames but NOT the bone poses.
  • If I select multiple frames and then right-click to find the copy pose option, this is grayed-out.

There must be a way?

Thanks!

RR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Actually I found the solution. The copy/paste frames will work as long as I select a few frames connecting the previous frames to the beginning of the "new" frames and then select "Join Armature" from the pop up menu. The join armature was the only part of this I wasn't aware of.

RR

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you duplicate the layer with the needed frames and then delete the unwanted frames and move the needed frames?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for writing kglad.

Wow, that seems like an awkward workaround, but I can try it.

RR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's actually a cleaner way to do it.  keeping separate layers is a good idea and if that becomes cumbersome, you can use layer folders to keep things tidy and organized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. Folders are essential for organization. I'm going to try your suggestions right now. I was just surprised there wasn't a more straightforward method - I'm used to a different animation app where it is a much more streamlined process.

Again, I really appreciate the response and have a good day!

RR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually I found the solution. The copy/paste frames will work as long as I select a few frames connecting the previous frames to the beginning of the "new" frames and then select "Join Armature" from the pop up menu. The join armature was the only part of this I wasn't aware of.

RR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines