Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corrupted file(?) from moving fla file to flash drive to PC folder

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm in a lot of trouble.

I am working on a project for school. I've been mainly working on the school computers by bringing a flash drive every day. I had almost finished and wanted to make sure I had a copy of the newest save on my computer at home. I copied the animate file on my flashdrive and tried to paste it to my PC folder. My mistake was that I didn't change the name of the file, so the old version of "project 1" already existed on the PC. I renamed each version but something went wrong or got replaced, and now I can't open the file that's on my flashdrive OR my PC. It's a blank canvas that says, "Could not load scene into memory. Your document may be damaged." I feel like I've tried everything, I made copies of the corrupted file, I downloaded winrar and a bunch of recovery softwares but nothing is working. There's nothing in my recycle bin, nothing in adobe cloud, and the recover file that automatically saves is corrupted as well. 

Is it possible that a version was saved if I log in to adobe on my school's computer? Is there a simple solution? I've worked on this for weeks and would really hate to lose it, that's literally what I was trying to prevent by moving it around in my folders. I know you're supposed to save multiple versions, but I guess I did it wrong- please help if you can!

Here's a folder with the files- 

I added the original, and I copy I made for the flash drive after it got corrupted, as well as the recoveries. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sA5P6rYjby0ayzbQrjtMNWW_8L60aVBB?usp=sharing

TOPICS
Error , How to , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

your best chance of recovery is to use your school's computer where the original fla was saved.

the fla files you uploaded are all identical and, the only useable part, is one hand drawing. the swf is unuseable.

next time save your fla files with increasing version number appended so you never lose a significant amount of work again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines