• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

crashing animate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

regular crashes on one shows that have simpler drawings and symbol layout and smaller file sizes. verse shows that are heavy, complex in layers and drawings and symbol management.

can anyone tell me why the smaller file crashes more often than the larger one?
everytime i open "allOfChina" file and all shots related to this show - it crashes everytime i open and click on anything like "frame picker" or add audio or justdouble click to get into a symbol it will always crash the first time on opening. while the much larger file is stable and i can work hours and have multiple shots open from the same production with equally as large files with no hassle.
i have cleaned up the rigs to the same standards of the other file (if not better, cleaner).

updating animate is not an option due to the studio's custom made commands and extensions that are ruined in later versions - and we do not have the option of re-scripting all the commands.

it just makes no sense at all that this file is much smaller with cleaner drawings (few anchor points) and less layers, and symbols. I also do not beleieve that every single file i have ever had from this production is corupted - it is made and built by the same team in the same way we have done for all other shows.

i would it to be something i can change in the production line so that it can be resolved - so if anyone can point out the problem i would be very greatful and make my day go smoother and animate at a speed i would like to with as few "re-animating" moments.

thank you 

comp specs
processor: intel(R) core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz
ram 16GB
system type: 64 bit
windows spec: windows 10 pro
aniamte: vr: 19.2.1

the .fla or each show is in the link

please note that thi

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aXt0wFDiTerf6FFeEj4cYosMEdGY7lLC?usp=sharing 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

AA 19.2.1 does not crash here on my machine with either of your files. They just open fine and I could go as deep as I wanted in the nested symbols, play any of the timelines, move things around and so on.

In the China file my first suspicion would fall on the embedded animatic video and some conflict with your system.

Start with that. Delete the layer, save the file under a new name and see if it crashes or not.

If it still crashes delete the MP4 from the Library.

Test.

Delete the WAV files. Test.

It could be that your system is missing a codec or getting an audio driver crash or something.

Just by elimination, try to identify which of the assets in the file is responsible for the crash, so that you can investigate further.

--

Instead of deleting, you may want to start with a blank new file and paste one layer at a time until you get the crash.

This will ensure that there is no residual data in the new FLA.

--

I'm on an i7, Win 10 64, 16 GB RAM, so similar specs to yours, just possibly a faster CPU.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay cool, I will try that!
I’m not sure though how that explains crashes on one and not the other? I
always have the animatic in both and the same process is used when creating
a .wav but I will give it a try regardless - I really don’t understand
animate instability verse maya or toonboom.. I can run the computer hard on
them and have such few problems or at least the problems are predictable?

It does seem to be days that it crashes more regularly like this morning -
nothing yet but yesterday I could move a pupil to fix an eye direction!
Took 6 crashes and 2 restarts 🤷🏼‍:female_sign:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@chanellek87494967 Tried with "allOfChina" in 19.2.1 Animate, its working on my side and no crash so far on going inside symbols , loading frame picker, dropping audio etc. If its happening on some specific files , it may be related to some common content e.g. mp4 file . You can also try pinning current symbol in frame picker to avoid unnecessary loading/unloading of symbols in frame picker on doing some other actions on stage. 

Please share if you come across some specific steps to make app crash.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way i could show the computer analysis - like print out what
happens so you can determine from there. coz it makes no sense if it is a
common file because it would happen on all our shows because the process is
exactly the same and done by the same ppl. and i have the frame picker on a
hotkey so i dont get it loading unexpectedly.
if there is not a written way i can report what happens then i could do a
screen recording?
would that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@chanellek87494967  Yes screen recording will also be helpful. Please feel free to share any info that you think can help to narrow down this issue. You can also submit at bug report(Animate > Help menu > Submit Bug/ Feature Request). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines