Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Damaged XFL file, corrupted XML files

Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My PC (Windows 10) sort of crashed (rebooted instead of just going out of sleep mode, probably due to a system update).

Just before the crash, I had an XFL file open in Animate (19.2.1)  – file saved, but still open.

Now the file doesn't open properly, and multiple warnings pop out:

"Impossible de charger la séquence en mémoire. Votre document est peut-être endommagé."

(unable to load sequence into memory, your document might be damaged)

"Impossible de charge l'élément de bibliothèque xxx. Supprimez et recréez (ou réimportez) cet élément."

(unable to load library item xxx, delete and re-create or re-import this item) 

I can find a RECOVERY set of files, but it's also corrupted.

Some of the items missing from the library can be found in the LIBRARY folder, in the form of xml files. But they don't include any xml code, just a series of "null" characters, so I assume they are totally corrupted, and not recoverable, right?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correct, though you could learn to never let this happen again by appending increasing version number to your xml and fla saves.

info about xfl files, Working with Multiple File Types in Animate (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right. Actually, the crash happened before I had a chance to commit this newly created XFL to the Git repositery, so...

Bad luck + my mistake, I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines