• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Distortion of imported .SVG & .AI files

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I import a vector file (.SVG or .AI) like this one into Animate, the center of the file becomes distorted and pixelated. They're vector files, so they can in theory be displayed at any resolution.

I have spent a long time trying to figure this out with no luck.

Any ideas on how to get these files to display cleanly? Does Animate limit imported image data? Is there a way to overrie this?

I've tried increasing artboard/image size in Illustrator and unchecking the "responsive" option when exporting SVG, to no avail.

Thanks in advance!

177752773_4208635338842_5257829346585892279_n.jpg

TOPICS
Error , How to , Import and export , Other , Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see the pixelation from your image, it looks like aliasing to me. If you zoom in towards the center of the stage does the shapes get pixelated?  Could you upload a comparisson between the Ai/SVG file vs Animate? Or even better share the files to check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are screenshots from the AI and SVG zoomed in 2000%. It's a combination of distortion of certain shapes and disappearance of others. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I see it, could you share the actual files though?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here they are:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The .AI wouldn't upload here so I saved it as a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, yeah this might be a limit with Animate.

This radial pattern is huge, 8192 x 8192 in size and when zoomed in at 64000% in Illustrator I can barely start seeing the origin point. I don't think Animate can be this precise with vectors. Are you trying to animate it outwards like a radial wave?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the animation is an infinite loop that zooms in 262%. 

The document size was originally 2048x2048, I made it larger to see if that would have an effect when I import it into illustrator. In theory, the vector file could be enlarged 1,000x and the center point would still be less than 1 pixel.

It's interesting that the loss of data in Animate is heterogenous, with some larger shapes disappearing or distorting while some smaller shapes are fine. Could it help to delete some of the invisibly small shapes on the imported document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a test animation where I placed a grey circle in the center to see if that would be an acceptable fix (it wasn't).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no need to zoom in that much, it's a pattern; you just need to scale it a little bit (just enough to cover the next row of squares) tween it and loop the cycle.  Here's the result: https://we.tl/t-QFimjoVvM9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that - that would work for this piece and a few others, but many of them have a repetition "period" of 262%, so I was just using that template for this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can adjust the tween lenght to match the rate you're trying to produce. Calculate what a period of 265% would equal to in seconds or # of frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically, the rate of zooming changes with every frame to preserve the same relative zoom of every part of the image (specific proportions). The scaling percentage change is manually set for every individual frame, and then I bulk-swap the symbols to animate different images. 

The images are vectors that can be displayed at any size, and I'd love to animate theme at a high resolution - as it is, any larger than ~512x512 looks distorted in the center when the loop repeats, and since the center is the focal point of the animation that's unacceptable. 

If Animate is not able to display vectors without distortion, and if there's not some way to "hack" it to make this possible, are there any other programs that might be suitable for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you're still trying to blow out the vector image. Adding up scaling percentages by the tens of thousands just means you're gonna end up with the same problem you started with, I tried to open the Ai file in Toonboom just for comparisson sake and it's the same story, vector rendering stops past a certain scale, animation software is not made for that level of vector precision, it has plenty of other things to worry about; all in all it's the wrong approach imo. Infinite loops are just not made that way, try the method I gave you, it should work on any design if you adapt it properly.  That or try making these patterns in After Effects, it has some nifty repeater effects that are more suitable for these kind of projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some of my newer works like the one I posted could work for the short repeat, but others like the one I attached wouldn't work because the repeat interval is much larger. Either way, though, tweening will not work because the scaling between each frame is different. 

I haven't used After Effects, can I do frame-by-frame animations on it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines