• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does anyone else have a problem with buttons being very temperamental in canvas?

Participant ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a new problem for me.  I have created many buttons in Animate canvas.  However, today I can't get the buttons to work right for me at all.   I give an instance name, use the code snippets and change the frame number minus one since I'm creating a canvas page.  

Has anyone else experienced this as well?  I just updated Animate.  I'm wondering if this is the problem. 

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i haven't seen a problem.

what animate version?

create a new fla/html5 document

code for a button, and if it fails, open your developer console.

any errors beyond the usual 404 no faviicon, message port and css errors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello kglad.  

Thanks for the response.  I'm using the most recent version of Animate, 21.0.7.  

I scoured over the coding to see if I had somehow messed up the code snippets and I found nothing.  I even deleted the code snippets and redid them.  It still didn't work. 

I finally got it to work by breaking up the codes by groups, and placing them on separate layers.  By groups, I mean that I took all the coding for timeline navigation and put them on a separate layer in the same frame.  Then I did the same for the buttons that led to a new web page. 

I've never had to do this before, and it doesn't make sense to me, but it works.  I've got all my pages working as I need, so that will be a work-around for me if the problem persists. 

Thanks for your reply.  Be safe!!!

Terri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

using different layers shouldn't make any difference, at all.  if it does, that would be an animate bug that should be reported so it can be fixed in an update.

if you have the time and inclination, what's the simplest example that displays the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines