• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drawing tools (brush, pencil, eraser) appearing not calibrated to mouse cursor

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the November 2019 release of Adobe Animate, all of my drawing related tools (brush, eraser, pencil) are drawing in the wrong spot on the canvas, after creating a straight line as if I'm pressing shift. Every other tool is calibrated to the position of the cursor except for drawing tools. The problem isn't tablet or mouse related - everything works fine in other adobe apps. I did not have this issue with the previous version of Animate. See below for example: 

animate_2020_Straightline.gif

TOPICS
Error , Product issue , Tablet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Hi,

Just want to let you all know that this issue has been addressed in the December update 20.0.1 we have released couple of days back. Please update your copy of Animate to the latest to avail the fix.

Thanks much for all your inputs and additional details that helped us resolve this issue.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Thanks for letting us know. We are working on a potential fix for this issue.

Meanwhile as a workaround you can try below options.

• Update the latest available driver and check for this issue.

• With non-Wacom tablets and

Single Display

Map the tablet to full portion of the screen and try using the drawing tools

Multiple Display

Map the tablet to primary display and try using the drawing tools

Or

Set different scaling for one of the displays(temporary workaround for drawing tools offset)

•  If the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Hi,

There is a fix available for these mapping/drawing related issues in the <recent update (v20.0.3) animate releases starting with v20.0.3> available in Creative Cloud Desktop app. After installing <animate> please follow below steps.

1. Edit-->Preferences-->Edit Preferences-->Drawing-->Tablet Input-->Windows Ink(Beta)-->Press OK
  2. Open a new/created document for the changes to take place.

Note: Please be aware this option is a beta version and let us know if you face any issues with the sa

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded the last version and the problem is still there 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have this problem and I have that latest version of Animate. How do I still have it if it's the latest version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! I'd really appreciate an update on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting us know. We are working on a potential fix for this issue.

Meanwhile as a workaround you can try below options.

• Update the latest available driver and check for this issue.

• With non-Wacom tablets and

Single Display

Map the tablet to full portion of the screen and try using the drawing tools

Multiple Display

Map the tablet to primary display and try using the drawing tools

Or

Set different scaling for one of the displays(temporary workaround for drawing tools offset)

•  If the issue still exists please share following details with us for investigating further on this issue.

1. System and drawing tablet specification
  2. Display scaling factor of your monitors
  3. Screenshot of your drawing tablet driver with mapping settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There is a fix available for these mapping/drawing related issues in the <recent update (v20.0.3) animate releases starting with v20.0.3> available in Creative Cloud Desktop app. After installing <animate> please follow below steps.

1. Edit-->Preferences-->Edit Preferences-->Drawing-->Tablet Input-->Windows Ink(Beta)-->Press OK
  2. Open a new/created document for the changes to take place.

Note: Please be aware this option is a beta version and let us know if you face any issues with the same.

You can also join our Animate Prerelease beta program where you will have an early access to our developmental builds, features and bug fixes. You can sign up to the program using http://adobe.ly/20AEkbJ

Thanks!

<kglad edits>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

working on a XP-Pen Artist Pro 16 and this solution worked for me. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, just had this same problem with a Huion tablet screen and this fix worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Huion pro and hp spectre x360 ... both work fine with all the other adobes (Illustrator, Photoshop ect). 

No problem with the huion on animate. My HP laptop with active pen never actually worked properly with Animate. Before the 2020 update at least you could draw with the same bug of the straight line

The latest update is even worse, as it does the same thing as the described here (drawing in the wrong spot).

Tried to do everything from changing drivers to change monitor resolution, resintall different animate version ect ...

I haven't gone so far as formatting windows and I won't do it.

I think that as a costumer and a professional is disappoiting to see that Adobe can't fix this thing, it doesn't seems to be that hard. I really miss Macromedia Flash ....

Anyway, my only solution ? Install Flash CS6. It works perfectly, to the point that I don't see much difference from the active pen to the Huion, when it comes to using the brush on Flash or Animate.

I keep open animate 2020 and flash cs6 at the same time and work with both, when I do frame by frame animation I use CS6, and to edit the layers and create effects before rendering, Animate 2020. Is actually great to render your scenes with both and save some time.. mind boggling how CS6 is faster than Animate when it comes to work and play the scene ...

Of course we should be able to just work on one software and not two.

But at this point I don't expect to ever be fixed.

So, while you wait for a better software, just use the CS 6 if you need to draw. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on 20.0.2 and still experiencing this issue. Did it not get fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

v20.0.3 here and this is definitely not fixed. This answer should NOT be marked as solved! Shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you go to your Preferences and did you choose Windows Ink for your non-Wacom device?

Clipboard-1.png

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Wacom device (Wacom One) - I turned off windows ink to solve a separate issue in Photoshop. I'm not sure where the panel in your screenshot is located.

Anyway, the only workaround that temporarily works for me is to switch to duplicate displays (rather than extend). Afterwards if I switch back, it keeps working.

This is a very frustrating issue that makes Animate nigh unusable. If the workaround didn't exist, I wouldn't have any hair left by now. I can reproduce this extremely often, so let me know if you need help collecting logs etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - As Nick pointed out, could you please try out the new Drawing Preferences that we have added in 20.0.3 update where you can set the Table Input as Windows Ink.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/animate/using/whats-new/2020-1.html#windows_ink

Please let me know if you still face any issues.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, in general, I start Adobe Animate and connect a graphic tablet but I can only draw with the mouse and the tablet can be used as an eraser, please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines