Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embedding fonts in Animate HTML5 and image compression

Explorer ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

We use Adobe Animate very often for our advertising campaigns but there are two things I think need improving. I'm hoping either someone will have better workflow suggestions or perhaps this will reach the dev team and make it into a next update of Animate.

EMBEDDING FONTS:
Ever since I switched to Animate's HTML5 canvas I've always just used the Static Text option, but lately I've been seeing some benefits to using Dynamic Text. (filesize, speed, copy updates, ...) However the issue there is that you can't embed the font via the Animate UI, as far as I know. You have to manually go to Google or Adobe Fonts, look up your font, copy the embed code and the best way I found was to add the @Import font family code to my HTML/JS publishing template. Surely there must be a better way of doing this? You'd think Animate would be able to look up the Google or Adobe font and embed it into the HTML or JS file automatically. That would be such an improvement.

IMAGE COMPRESSION:
A second thing that is a massive pain in the ass is the fact that you can't do image compression in HTML5 canvas the same way you could in Flash exports. Now, every single banner campaign we make I have to manually upload all my PNG spritesheet exports for each banner version (in multiple languages ...) to Tinypng.com, compress them, download and extract the ZIP, and overwrite the PNG files in each folder. It's such a hastle and surely there should be a way for Animate to do this natively? TinyPNG literally reduces the PNG size 50-70% with next to no image quality loss. Perhaps Adobe can partner with TinyPNG or something? They do offer an API on their website but we're not technical enough to build that into our workflow. If anyone knows a better way of doing this, I'd really appreciate it! Because this costs us a lot of time and money on every single campaign we do.

Thanks in advance! *fingers crossed*

TOPICS
How to , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi.

EMBEDDING FONTS:

Animate has support for web fonts in the IDE. You have to select a dynamic text field, go to the Properties panel and click on the Add web fonts button (a little globe) under the Character section. Then you have access to Adobe Fonts and Google Fonts. A major limitation of Animate is when we need fonts that are not from Adobe or Google. Then we have to manually insert the fonts and sometimes they are not displayed correctly on some devices/browsers.

IMAGE COMPRESSION:

I totally agree.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines