Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embedding interactive Camtasia video in an Adobe Animate project

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I've created an interactive video in Camtasia which I can export to HTML5 resulting in the following files:

• embed.css
  • index.html
  • a media folder that contains another bunch of files (MP4 video, images, skins, scripts, xml files, etc.)

I would like to integrate this interactive video with all the elements mentioned above into an Animate project to let the user play the video with all its interactivity when they get to the scene.

Any idea if this would be feasible?

Thanks in advance for your tips!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Hi.

You can use an iframe tag to embed the Camtasia output.

The best way to do it would be to use a publishing template as Animate overwrites the output everytime the test or publish command is used.

https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/using/html-publishing-templates.html

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Btw, I need it to be an HTML5 Canvas project in Animate as this is the end product I need to create.

So basically, I guess what I'm asking is: can you import an HTML5 object within an HTML5 canvas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

You can use an iframe tag to embed the Camtasia output.

The best way to do it would be to use a publishing template as Animate overwrites the output everytime the test or publish command is used.

https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/using/html-publishing-templates.html

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for your quick feedback!

To use an iframe, I guess it means that I would need to have the Camtasia output first published on a website, right?

Or not necessarily?

(sorry, I might ask noob questions... I'm very familiar with the print family of Adobe software but when it comes to web... I'm only getting there now)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need. You just need the Camtasia files in the same folder as your FLA/output, for example. Then you upload everything together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah great, good to know. Thanks again for your help, I'll have to try that out once I get to that stage of the project.

I'll mark this as the correct answer in the meantime 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great! You're welcome!

Just let us know if you need further assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines