• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eraser will erase while mouse is dragged, but undoes when you unclick mouse

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Everyone. I am asking this question on behalf of my 12-year-old son, who just started working with Adobe Animate. I know virtually NOTHING about Adobe applications, so please excuse my ignorance! To make a long story short, this is what's happening: when he erases something, it goes away while the mouse is clicked/dragged, but when you unclick the mouse, it comes right back.  His animation is one "merged layer." That may or may not be relevant. As I said, I don't know anything about these apps! Can anyone guess what the problem might be? If you need visuals see what is happening, I can post. Thank you in advance. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

he should start by checking his eraser mode (a symbol at the bottom of the tools panel shown after selecting the eraser).  unless eraser mode "normal" is selected, the eraser can do unexpected (by novices) things. eg, eraser mode "inside", "erase lines" and "erase selected fills" will do just what you described to most things drawn and then "erased".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I will have him try this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@angeliewv  Eraser only works on Shapes and Drawing objects. If you are trying to erase on top of a Group or Symbol(Graphic,Movieclip), it wont work. In order to erase Group or Symbols, you have to double click to go inside it and then use the Eraser tool. Again it has to be a Shape or Drawing object when you are erasing it inside a Group or Symbol. 

If the issue still exist please share/attach a short screen recording of the issue. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I will have him try this! If it doesn't work, I will post a short recording. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if it doesn't work, check my post.  it's the more likely cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines