• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export SVG

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wa able to recreate this SVG in Adobe Animate but i do not know how to export it so it plays just like that one. Any solutions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Unfortunately right now Animate isn't able to export animated SVG files.

You can try some extensions but I'm not sure if there is one that actually works these days.

Please request this feature to the Animate team if you wish:

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you can open the SVG in adobe illustrator and copy what you want out of illustrator and paste it right into adobe animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there is actually an extension that will export animated SVGs but it's not really updated/supported much and is VERY finicky. 

https://exchange.adobe.com/creativecloud.details.7232.animated-svg-exporter.html

BUT it DOES work! Just make sure of a few things...

1. unlock ALL layers before exporting (including nested layers)
2. Try to have all animation on main timeline
3. If step 2 isn't possible, make sure nested timlines are as long as the main timeline
4. Don't use grouped assets, use Object Drawing assets or select them, and go to Modify >  Combine Objects > Union
5. You may have to convert all tweens to keyframed animations - especially if easing is applied.

It took me a lot of trial and error to get past the hurdles and jump through the hoops to get it to work successfully but when it does, it's a LIFESAVER! I just wish AnCC had Animated SVG as a document type natively!

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was so hoping that Adobe would add this functionality to Animate 2023, but no such luck.

Sure wish someone would develop an updated extension similar to the Animated SVG one that is not supported and rarely works. Or, Adobe can just add a new menu item: File > Export > to Animated SVG, similar to the Aniamted GIF function and make it so that it just works!  We need this capability to make smooth, animated objects, symbols, and simple animations for our web sites where animated GIFs are too clunky, large in file size, and fuzzy on screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I agree. This feature is one of the most requested by the users and it would certainly be very helpful.

In the meantime, please consider suggesting it to the Animate team:
https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep...I did...as I do every year after a new major release is launched!  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines