• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Video/Media: Ignore Stage Color = Stage Color Not Ignored - No Alpha Channel?

Engaged ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the purpose of this feature? I created titles for a video to overlay footage... so I tried this, which was a process in baffling fultility. 

1: Why does Animate hide the exported Quicktime MOV file, which does have the proper alpha I want?

2: Media Encoder proceeds to mangle the footage by ignoring the alpha to produce unusable footage, why?  How is this useful in any way? 

When I drop the hidden, secret Quicktime MOV onto my compositor, viola! It is perfect! When I try to move that hidden, secret QT file to my working directory, it suddenly becomes truncated footage for some confounding reason... and yes, unusable. 

So, what gives? Why can't this software do a simple thing like, export video with the promised Alpha Channel? Why not just simply work? Why all the chasing through these rabbit holes only to have footage that is unusable? Is this a prank feature, or what? 

Enquiring minds would like to know, thanks. 

TOPICS
Import and export , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're right, the only preset that exports with an alpha channel is Quicktime > Default (Animate),

choosing Quicktime > Default (AME) will not work.

Animate should default to this preset whenever someone ticks the box to Ignore Stage color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines