• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported animation has problems or won’t sync, depending on format.

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm getting back into Animate after several years away, and even before then I was dabbling in it. When I export my project as a video, several small but noticeable elements come oit wrong in the exported product. Things like moving objects going higher than they're supposed to and a character's arm blinking in and out of existence.

The only format where I don't seem to get this is an animated gif, but in that case I can't get it to sync up with the voiceover audio when I import it into Premiere, and also it holds on the last frame for about two extra seconds. I tried changing the number of FPS in the Premiere sequence, but that didn't seem to do anything. Everything syncs up fine with the other formats, but then I have the other problems I mentioned.

I think I remember having similar problems when I last dabbled in Animate (then Flash) about 9 years ago, so it must be something I'm doing wrong. Any idea what it is?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

You should be able to export directly to video (MP4 for example).

If that does not work, your best option is not the GIF exporter, but to export a PNG sequence and WAV audio separately and combine those in Premiere.

If it happens so that the audio is a little longer, just right click on it in Premiere's timeline and choose Speed/Duration. Type the exact last two digits to match the PNG sequence.

Of course, your audio in Animate has to be set to Stream while working; and your Premiere project has to be based on the same frame rate.

Here are some more details: https://community.adobe.com/t5/animate/export-issue-stops-mid-export/td-p/10424361?page=1

Hope this helps.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but your link appears to be a news story about a zoo or something that's definitely not in English.

I exported my animation as a PNG sequence (Match Source) and got approximately 295 imdividual PNG images. How do I export them as a single animated PNG? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apologies for the link, mate.

Fixed now.

You will see the details in that post. Just read the whole thread and not only the 'solution'.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines