• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting to Asset Error

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on the motion for the web and export it to the asset, and a few tasks continue to say, "You cannot place a symbol inside itself." How should I solve this?

TOPICS
Error , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Imagine if you could put your fridge into your fridge. The inner fridge would now have its own inner fridge, that also would have an inner fridge. There would be an infinity number of fridges.

Animate doesn't let you put a copy of a symbol into an instance of that symbol, because you would immediately have an infinite number of that symbol.

If you had a need where one original symbol needed to have one object inside it in one case, and a different object in another case, you could select one

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that every symbol in the Library has a unique name. It may be that you have a symbol inside a Library folder, that has the same name as another symbol in a different folder.

Also, if you are inside a symbol on the timeline, you can't drag that symbol to the stage, as it would place the symbol iside of itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" if you are inside a symbol on the timeline, you can't drag that symbol to the stage, as it would place the symbol iside of itself."

I don't really understand this. Can you explain it in an easier way to understand?

and, I checked all the names in the library, but there was no problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Imagine if you could put your fridge into your fridge. The inner fridge would now have its own inner fridge, that also would have an inner fridge. There would be an infinity number of fridges.

Animate doesn't let you put a copy of a symbol into an instance of that symbol, because you would immediately have an infinite number of that symbol.

If you had a need where one original symbol needed to have one object inside it in one case, and a different object in another case, you could select one of the symbols on the stage and do a Break Apart, then select the parts that are now broken apart, and make a new symbol from them. That new symbol could have different contents than the original symbol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure where it was solved, but I interpreted the method you told me, changed the name of the layer in the library, and modified it several times, and it was solved! Thank you for your kind information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This answer seems far too complex to be useful for many people, as you yourself said you didn't know how it was solved. I myself didn't follow it and was having the same problem. I suspected that I was in some sort of edit mode for the object. This was in fact the case, and you can edit  exit the edit mode for the object by double clicking on the stage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"exit the edit mode" it should have said, I see no way of editing my post. Seems appropriate, Adobe has a way of not letting you do the simplest of things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

edited

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines