• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eye dropper tool setting

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alt + click while in brush mode doesn't change to eyedropper. Also eyedropper tool selects color for paint bucket tool not for brush. This is quite tedious and would like to fix this issue. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alt-click while on the brush tool is something that does work in Photoshop. I don't think it ever worked that way in Animate, though it seems like a good idea.

There are two paint brushes. The one called Paint Brush Tool draws strokes, and so uses the stroke color. The other one is Brush Tool, and that paints with the same fill color that the paint bucket uses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah I see. Is there a way to make the eyedropper tool pick up the color for stroke color instead of the other one (Brush Tool)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you hold down the shift key it will pick up the color for both stroke and fill. I couldn't see a way to have it only pick up a color for stroke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*edit: repost

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh, no, this is fine! i can work with this :slightly_smiling_face: thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually not fine at all, we really need this Alt thing on Animate. I don't understand why this very useful function existing on photoshop doesn't in Animate anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they also made the eye dropper hotkey I which is the same as "Insert" menu item. who came up with this idea? it keeps trying to select both things at once for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jons61086337 

you can customize the tool shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I" will only open the Insert window if you have the top menus selected or if you're holding the ALT key.

ALT has no purpose with either the eyedropper or the brush tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines