• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eye lines look way thicker inside a nested object than when on stage?

Contributor ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, So I was animating a movie and while i was doing the lip-sinking/ facial expressions when i noticed something strange. This is only happening with this one nested symbol, but inside "sara's head" the lining around the eye seems super thick while i'm animating it, but when i put it on stage in scene, the lines look normal (i had changed the thickness of the lines to look normal inside the object and found they were way thinner on stage) What Have I done here?Capture.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

It's because of your mask_idn layer, it doesn't show inside the symbol because you have it hidden. The mask is slightly bigger than the white part of the eye, cutting a part of the black outline. When you color fill shapes, the fill reaches beyond the edge of the stroke up until its center point.

Mario_CR_2-1635389297401.png

You probably copy-pasted the white part of the eye to use it as the mask, which is fine btw.

The error here was incluiding the "eye" layer inside the mask, this is not needed, the only layer you have to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's because of your mask_idn layer, it doesn't show inside the symbol because you have it hidden. The mask is slightly bigger than the white part of the eye, cutting a part of the black outline. When you color fill shapes, the fill reaches beyond the edge of the stroke up until its center point.

Mario_CR_2-1635389297401.png

You probably copy-pasted the white part of the eye to use it as the mask, which is fine btw.

The error here was incluiding the "eye" layer inside the mask, this is not needed, the only layer you have to mask is the pupil, the "eye" layer below has to be outside the mask; that way it won't cut the stroke outline:

Mario_CR_6-1635390812574.png

In this particular case, this method should work since the stroke and the pupil have the same color.

Me personally I'd separate the eye layer in two: the white part and the stroke part. Stroke on top of the mask and white at the bottom to avoid the pupil from cutting into the stroke when they're of different colors:

Mario_CR_4-1635390631410.png

Mario_CR_9-1635392193525.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines