• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File corrupted out of no where?

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on a project when animate suddenly crashed. When I went to reopen the file, it gave me an option to open a recovery file. I wasn't sure what the last time I saved was so I did that. It then said there was an error opening the file, no error code just that there was an error. Not only is my recovery file corrupt, but so is the original. I'm not really sure what to do. While this was a silly project I was working on and it's not the end of the world if I lose it all, I want to know how to fix this in case it happens again as it's already happened once before. 

Before anyone asks, Animate is up to date, no other files are giving me an issue to open. 

TOPICS
Error , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. Organise a good backup system - at least 2, better 3, copies of everything on top of your local disk.

2. Periodically (say, every hour) save versions of your file under a new name.

3. Use Flash instead of Animate. Flash does not have this tendency to corrupt files.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines