• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fix corrupted library item without deleting it

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the assets in my library, a movie clip called char_body, seems to keep corrupting. If i delete it, my animation plays normally, but it removes the entire armature that it's part of. If I don't remove it, when I try to test the movie it gets stuck at zero and the "send crash report" window apears. This also occurs if I remove the content inside the symbol(a shape), but previously when the asset corrupted I could just delete and replace the shape and everything would go back to normal.

Trying to convert the symbol to a compiled clip also crashes.

Is there any way I can un-corrupt the symbol, without deleting the armature that it's a part of?

Also, when I try to attatch the .fla file(mainFile.fla) to this post, it says 

The attachment's mainfile.fla content type (application/octet-stream) does not match its file extension and has been removed.
TOPICS
Error , Other , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could upload the FLA to wetransfer, or some other file sharing site, then reply with a link to the file.

Are you able to copy and paste the frames of the movieclip to a new FLA, and see if that works on its own?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the wetransfer link: https://we.tl/t-TGznD3YJiR

.fla and .as file need to be in the same folder.

The problem is the char_body symbol outside of the char_parts folder, not the one inside of it.

Copying the movie clip to a new flash file does work succesfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to fix the problem by swapping the symbol in the armature to a different one (char_head) temporarily, deleting char_body, creating a new symbol named char_body_fixed, and coppied the old shape into the new symbol, then swapping the symbol back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Never mind, it broke again immediately after posting this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines