• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash CS6 Brush Lag

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This topic has been posted around online a few times but I still have yet to find an answer on it, so here's my problem: ever since a week or so ago I noticed that the brush tool in Flash CS6 begins to lag after I've been animating for about an 45 minutes or so (I haven't timed it but it seems to get progressively worse the longer I spend animating). If I draw slowly there isn't an issue, but if I draw the lines fast, the system will not seem to "catch up" to the speed I'm drawing at and I'll get jagged lines when I'm trying to draw smooth curves.

This only occurs when the sensitivity is turned on; when it's off, the problem vanishes completely. The only fix is to restart the computer; restarting Flash does not solve the problem.

I don't have this problem with Photoshop, only Flash, and, as far as I remember, I never recall it doing this up until recently. I have the latest Wacom driver and NVIDIA driver. I have tried two previous Wacom drivers as well, but the problem was not solved with those either (the oldest driver I tried was released early last summer if I remember correctly).

I'm using a Wacom Intuos Large tablet (it's a previous model, I don't remember what it is off-hand, if you need more info I can get it later) on Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit. I have the double-click distance disabled in the Wacom settings and have Flicks disabled.

Any ideas? Thank you.

TOPICS
Tablet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you update the gpu drivers recently? Rolling them back might solve the issue. Wacom drivers on the other hand are a pain to remove completely, check on their forums for the best way to eliminate them. You could also try running Flash in Win compatibility mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines