• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash CS6 Crashes when exiting.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm using Flash CS6.  Whenever I exit the program, it crashes and produces a "FlashPro crash log." 

I'm running Windows 10, 21H2, with 32gigs of RAM.  I can work just fine in Flash, do what I need to do to a file, and as soon as I exit it crashes and I get the log file.  It also does not update the "Recent files" list to include the file I was just working on.

I recently thought about upgrading to the latest CC last November, but decided I didn't want it and cancelled the subscription and removed the program.  This is when Flash CS6 decided to misbehave.  I've tried a number of things, including doing a system restore to the day before I installed CC.  I've also deleted the "Configuration" folder under AppData, and tried to do the CTRL-ALT-SHIFT thing with starting, but that doesn't seem to do anything.

If I run Flash as Administrator, everything works fine, but I'm nervous about doing that, especially since I didn't have to do that before.

It has to be some kind of configuration file, or history file, or something that the "Recent files" list would update, that I no longer have rights to.  

Apologies for the length of this post, but I wanted to put in as much detail as might be needed.  Thank you for any and all replies.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on what you say in your report, I would conclude that somewhere along the way the privileges of some of your system folders have changed and Flash can no longer write into its Config or program folders, when run with user privileges.

That is why running it as an admin solves the issue.

I see no problem at all to run it as admin or in compatibility mode.

I'd guess that system restore wouldn't change folder privileges. (It's better to actually create image files with something like Macrium Reflect.)

You can dig there or you may need to uninstall, make sure all folders are deleted and install again.

I believe that the 'recent files' are not recorded in Config, but rather in Flash's folder in Program Files x86 somewhere. So probably you should focus your attention primarily there.

ps. In my opinion, any version of Animate to date is inferior to Flash CS6, so you'd really want to keep that precious copy of the best Flash that has ever existed.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, that at least gives me an area to search...I appreciate the knowledge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines