Flash files are running even after Dec 2020

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have developed software using Adobe Flash/ Adobe Animate. Our final software  is in form of .exe which is dependent on .swf files. However, Adobe Community has declared that all these .exe files won't be working after Dec 2020. Today is 1st January 2021  I am able to run .exe files on my machine as usual. The question is whether it will be running in the same way in coming days or there may be any interuption like(not working) after some days.

Please clarify us it would be great helpful

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it'll keep working with compatible os'es because it's packaged with a flash player.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"However, Adobe Community has declared that all these .exe files won't be working after Dec 2020."

First, any declarations regarding Flash would come from the Adobe corporation, not the community, and second, no, they never said any such thing. It's not even technically possible for Adobe to remotely stop a standalone EXE from running. What they announced is that the Flash browser plugin will stop working. I don't understand how so many people are having so much trouble understanding this.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@ClayUUID  said: "I don't understand how so many people are having so much trouble understanding this."

Too many people are incredibly superficial and never for a second stop to think about the meaning of something they read. They never doubt their first intuitive interpretation and then they can't even be bothered to look for information that confirms or disproves their initial false impression. Hence, the million topics in this forum.

What I do not understand is how you, guys, do not get tired to politely reply to the same baseless question.

Is this a mandatory ACP duty?

They deserve to be ignored.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Powertools Team - extensions for character animation

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines