• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fluid Brush tool lag with Wacom One tablet

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently switched to a PC after using Animate with my Wacom One tablet and have encountered a persistent and irritating problem. When using the Fluid Brush tool (my preferred tool for basically everything), the line lags behind the input significantly-- by a half second or more-- and finishes rendering only after I release. This did not happen on Mac.

And here's video of the problem in action:

Gabriel22102578swua_0-1678661137552.gif

I've checked all of the settings, driver versions, etc. as recommended in other threads, but the problem will not go away. I have:

--Confirmed that Wacom drivers are up to date

--Uninstalled/reinstalled Animate and reset all preferences

--Updated GPU drivers from Geforce Experience

--Tried both with and without Windows Ink activated, in both Animate and tablet settings

--Run in  compatibility mode for older versions of Windows

--Adjusted High DPI settings for Animate

The problem is the same in all cases.  But it's definitely a problem with how Animate is interacting with the tablet specifically-- If I drag animate back to my main desktop and use the mouse, there's no lag. This is extremely frustrating-- I really don't want to use Classic Brush; I just want Fluid Brush the way it worked on Mac. And using Animate is the main reason I got the Wacom in the first place.

The display profiles from Dxdiag are below-- the tablet is Display 2. From what I've read it sounds like this is probably the result of some kind of conflict between the GPU and Animate's rendering, but I am completely stumped as to how to resolve it. Has anyone identified a solution for this?

Screenshot 2023-03-12 181712.pngScreenshot 2023-03-12 181704.png

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Follow these tips and see if they work for your tablet model: https://boutiqueretouching.com/fix-wacom-lag/

Also you can force an app to use either the integrated or the dedicated graphics card on Windows. Try launching Animate with one or the other: https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/force-app-to-use-dedicated-gpu-windows/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow these tips and see if they work for your tablet model: https://boutiqueretouching.com/fix-wacom-lag/

Also you can force an app to use either the integrated or the dedicated graphics card on Windows. Try launching Animate with one or the other: https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/force-app-to-use-dedicated-gpu-windows/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for these! It looks like the problem was the graphics card-- it was defaulting to the on-board graphics card, I guess because the system assumes the secondary display is, well, secondary. Forcing it to open Animate with the high-performance card fixed the problem.

So glad to have a solution for this-- Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you could solve it. You're most welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines