Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Google web font styles missing in Animate

New Here ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, here is my problem,

I create a dynamic text field in animate (CC2019), import and select a google font (Lato for instance).
The problem is that the google font has 10 styles (thin, thin Italic, Light, Light Italic, Regular, Regular Italic, Bold, Bold italis, black, black italic)
but once imported in animate and selected has web font family (at the top of the list with the "F" in a circle icon) the only styles available are : regular, regular italic, bold, bold italic...
This is happening with all google fonts... on the other hand if I use a Typekit font all styles appears in the drop down selector.
I need to use the google font (client's choice).
Can you help me to sort this out please?
many Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Hi Greg, the style issue is up for investigation will let you know once we identify the solution. Can you please elaborate a bit on the missing font issue at Adobe Animate CC Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Samuel

You are indeed right. I added Lato in Animate and get also only these four styles: italic, regular, bold, bold italic.

I added a short while ago Barlow Condensed from Google fonts and here too I only get: italic, regular, bold, bold italic.

Although Barlow Condensed contains 18 styles. It seems that Animate currently only takes these basic styles from Google.

I have since a long time Open Sans with 11 or so styles and those are all available. But as I said I added this font years ago.

This seems to be a new bug. Maybe related to an effort to drive more users towards Adobe Fonts?

Please post a bug report Adobe Animate CC Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - We have raised a bug to track this internally. Will keep you posted once the issue is resolved.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Klaus, Hi Mohan,

I've just posted a bug report.
Many thanks for your help !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohan,

any word on when an update to fix this will be out? It sometimes is creating a problem of blanks pages, as the missing fonts are just being defined as 'WebFonts' in the Family drop down menu instead of it saying 'Roboto', Open Sans' etc, until the font is changed. Not ideal if you are having to change a lot, plus some might not understand why they are getting a blank page.

Cheers

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg, the style issue is up for investigation will let you know once we identify the solution. Can you please elaborate a bit on the missing font issue at Adobe Animate CC Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

The bug is still there in Version 20.0.1 (build 19255)

best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue.  On my imac in Adobe Animate font weights are not showing up.  For Museo, the font list shows just Museo, even though I have 5 different weights of that font installed.  Also depending on when you type, the single Museo listed will show up as different weights seemingly randomly.  Please fix this issue asap thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into this issue. I updated to Catalalina and I am using Animate version 20.0.1

I cannot use font weights in Animate. The box is greyed out. This seems to be effecting all my fonts.

Is this an issue that will be resolved soon? I depend on animate to make banner ads and fonts are integral to that.

Please fix this asap, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here after updating to Catalina.
No font weights available for any fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same problem. Any news if it is going to be fixed soon! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with Catalina OS - Animate 20.0.1

Any idea when this is gonna get fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

download and install ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD DESKTOP then sign in your google or any account you have. Now restart or open any adobe software. Hope this will help you guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

 Hi Guys, I also have an issue with google fonts in Animate. I hope someone can help. Its the Roboto Condensend - when I publish the HTML, the Text looks like this on the Image. I would be happy if someone can Assist and thnx in Advance

Bildschirmfoto 2024-01-25 um 08.53.38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i see this with font size 16.  what font size are you using?

kglad_1-1706195584192.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines