• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphic Symbol Acting Like A Motion clip

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Im animating a character within a graphic symbol (Levels of nest animation: scene > shot no. >character symbol)  and everytime i publish the animation or export it, it always goes off sync with the internal animation. When I publish it and pause the scene, the graphic symbol continues to play is if its a motion clip. I have the symbol set to graphic in the properties panel and in the library panel. All my frames in each level of nesting are perfectly synced. What can i do to resolve this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. do you have any movieclips nested within your graphic?

2. on the main timeline (in the properties panel) when you select your graphic, does it say the instance is a graphic?                         

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. No i didn use any movie clips

2. Yes the instance is set to graphic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do all your nested graphics end at the same time?

eg, if you have a graphic symbol with 20 frames and there's another graphic symbol on its 10th frame, does that nested graphic symbol have 11 frames?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No they dont end at the same time. Some are a few frames longer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so how would that sync?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should sync because every frame matches in number in each level of nesting. I always used this method and never had an issue until the other day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a temporary fix. By exporting the entire project as a png sequences seems to work. But would still would love a fix for the graphic symbol glitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a new one for me. Never heard of a graphic symbol continuing to play after the compiled file is stopped. How are you publishing it? What format?

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

publish settings adobe animate.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your intended export format is video I'll assume? I'm stumped and seeing the FLA may be the only possible way to solve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Export as .mp4 is my intention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So are you saying you stopped your MP4 during playback and some nested animations kept playing inside the file? I must have mis-understood because that isn't possible. MP4 is a fixed-frame format. I'm guessing this issue is happening while inside the Animate authoring environment correct? Or are you testing your movie and it's happening in the player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens when i test the movie in adobe animate. When i export the movie to .mp4 the timing is off within the symbol, but when i export it as a png seq everything is timed as intended in the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange. I'd have to explore the FLA to understand what is happening. Graphic symbols are in sync with all other timelines. It's always been this way. Something else must be causing this such as the use of a Movie Clip symbol somewhere. I can't think of any other explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. I can send you the file if you want. If not, thank you for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm happy to take a look. Typically you'd upload somewhere and supply a link but you can email it to me directly:

chris dot georgenes at gmail.com or contact me via www.keyframer.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(i didn't know you were cg.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I took a look at your file and it all seems fine. A little confusing with some of the nested Graphic symbols but nothing that would cause the file or nested animations to continue to play after the exporting to video and pausing the file. I tried it on my end by exporting to MP4 (H264) and it worked fine. When I published to SWF and paused it, some nested animations kept playing but that isn't the intended format you want anyway correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No a swf was not the intended format. Mp4 was, but when i exported my mp4 it had the irregular frames from the swf in the mp4 as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines