• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gray Triangle With Exclamation Mark Adobe Animate CC ??

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any project I open up on Animate CC 2018 will not let me edit it, open any windows, draw or do anything. The cursor is just a gray triangle with an exclamation mark in it and will not change to any tool. The solution I found online explained how to fix it with CS6 and earlier windows versions, but nothing with Animate CC or Windows 10. I've updated all my drivers, updated my computer, and even the flash player. I didn't want to go editing any files without knowing for sure what the solution is, and one of the solutions was the recreate the preferences for the application. Any info would be great on any solutions, what the problem is, and how to recreate the preferences would be great if that would even help me out. I'm not sure if you would need any more information to help out, but let me know and I'll help any way I canScreenshot_1.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uninstalling and reinstalling. Could just be a glitch from when it was installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck the gray triangle is still there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone even know what the issue is? Could it be something with my computer, because I logged onto my account on a different pne and it worked. Just looking for any information or help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you ever figure out how to fix it??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know how to reset the preference files? That seems like the best option but all the tutorials are for out of date versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you figure out the solution?! I am having the same problem!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

were you able to fix it, I am having the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows you can get a situation where a window is off screen, and you are looking at the other windows in the application, with no hint as to why you can't do anything. That may be what is happening here.

The solution is to retrieve the offscreen window. You can do that with these steps:

Alt-spacebar, then press M, then any arrow key. Now move your cursor. Is there a window attached to it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that didnt really help-, it just opened the options on the bar above but I still cant open the tools neither draw, the triangle exclamation mark thing next to the cursor is still there too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

luid brush only works on certain graphics cards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you ever figure out how to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

uninstall animate including preferences per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines