• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hello. I need assistance exporting an Animate file as a MP4/MOV file that loops.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my project almost complete, but have not had luck having the final exported MP4/MOV file to loop (like the function of an animate GIF). Any suggestions or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Typing a time span in the export window won't make it loop. Here's 2 things you can do:

1) You could nest the animation inside a graphic symbol (select layers > right click> convert layers to symbol) and extend the frames in the timeline to make it loop for the desired duration, which you can then export to video (without span values).

2) Export the 15 seconds of animation as is. Assuming you're uploading this to social media there should be a loop option on the website itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

file>export>export video > span, assign a start time and duration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad

Thanks so much for the info. Do you have a suggestion for how to populate these two sections? I tried 00:00:00:00 for Start at, and 1:00:00:00 for duration, but I get the message "Please enter a valid time duration in the Duration field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad 

I actually changed the settings for Start to 00:00:00 and Duration at 00:05:00....so essentially a 5 minute loop. The file exported, but unfortunately the file ran it's simple animation (about 15 seconds) and the remaining 5 minutes of the movie was the last frame, so no loop. Did I miss a step?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typing a time span in the export window won't make it loop. Here's 2 things you can do:

1) You could nest the animation inside a graphic symbol (select layers > right click> convert layers to symbol) and extend the frames in the timeline to make it loop for the desired duration, which you can then export to video (without span values).

2) Export the 15 seconds of animation as is. Assuming you're uploading this to social media there should be a loop option on the website itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mario_CR 

Mario-

I'll try your steps for it to be looping withing the origial export first. Thanks so much for your guidance and I'll follow up to let you know how I make out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mario_CR 

Nesting the animation inside the symbol and extending the frames for a longer duration did the trick!  Thanks so much!

I did save an original version of the file because once I nested the layers into the symbol (movie clips) it looks like the layers are no longer editable. Is this correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are still editable, you just have to double click the symbol to go inside of it and all your layers will be there safe and sound. This is what's called nesting, it's a non-destructive way of grouping frames and layers inside a container (symbol).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mario_CR 

Thanks again Mario. Greatly appreciated!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anytime!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines